Hashish Oil Extraction Lab Accidentally Explodes, Damaging a San Diego Hotel

by Colonel on January 30, 2013

“A powerful explosion on Wednesday ripped through a hotel near SeaWorld San Diego from a room where authorities say a couple was believed to be extracting oil from hashish, sending guests fleeing for safety.

A 22-year-old man in the room suffered life-threatening injuries. Also hurt were a woman in the room and a young man staying next door, authorities said.

Julie Jordan of San Diego was sleeping with a friend’s baby in a nearby room at the three-story Heritage Inn Sea World Hotel when she felt the building shake, then heard a loud explosion. She ran outside and saw a shattered window and a badly injured man sitting at the bottom of some stairs moaning.

Investigators found several boxes containing canisters of butane inside the room where the blast occurred. …

The butane apparently was ignited by a cigarette.

” — Copyright 2013 The Associated Press

Previous post:

Next post:

Page 1 of 11