Boston Police Deny New York Post Report About Arrest of Saudi National in Connection to Boston Marathon Explosions

by Colonel on April 15, 2013

“A spokesperson for the Boston Police Department said no suspects have been taken into custody yet after the bombing at the Boston Marathon.

“At this time, we haven’t been notified of any arrests or anyone apprehended,” the spokesperson said.

The New York Post reported that a “Saudi national who suffered shrapnel wounds in today’s blast” has been identified as “a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing.” The Boston PD spokesperson did not confirm that report.

“Honestly, I don’t know where they’re getting their information from, but it didn’t come from us,” said the spokesperson.

The Post report was attributed to “a law enforcement source.” According to the Post, the “suspect” is “currently being guarded in a Boston hospital.”

Update (5:27 PM): A spokesperson with the FBI’s national press office in Washington DC declined to comment when asked about reports a suspect or person of interest had been identified in the bombings.

” — Hunter Walker, Copyright 2013 TalkingPointsMemo

Previous post:

Page 1 of 11