Boston Marathon Massacre: 3 Dead — Including an 8-Year Old Boy, 176 Injured

by Colonel on April 16, 2013

“Investigators are combing through debris at the finish line of the Boston marathon, where two bombs exploded, killing three people – including an 8-year-old boy – and wounding 176 others.

“We will go to the ends of the earth to identify the subject or subjects who are responsible for this despicable crime, and we will do everything we can to bring them to justice,” Richard DesLauriers, FBI Boston, said.

In Boston, military hardware, soldiers, police and hundreds of federal agents took to the streets Tuesday. The 15-block crime scene remains littered with microscopic specks of potential evidence.

At a news conference, police and federal agents repeatedly appealed for any video, audio and photos taken by marathon spectators, even images that people might not think are significant.

” — Copyright 2013 WLS

“A law enforcement source told CBS News senior investigative producer Pat Milton that one of the explosive devices appears to have been placed in a metal pressure cooker … which had been placed in a black nylon bag or backpack. Investigators also found pieces of an electronic circuit board possibly indicating a timer was used in the detonation of the bomb.

A law enforcement official told CBS News that the two bombs that exploded were made to look like discarded property. It is still unknown if one or both bombs were in garbage cans. One may have been on the sidewalk.

The bombs were described as “low explosive,” but with “anti-personnel” packing. The official said there were apparently things like BB’s, ball bearings and nails in the bombs.

Law enforcement sources told CBS News’ Milton that a Saudi Arabian man who was being questioned by investigators is not being considered a suspect at this time, and it appears that he was a spectator who was injured in the attack.

” – Copyright 2013 CBS Interactive Inc./The Associated Press

Previous post:

Next post:

Page 1 of 11